Day 10 - Bisbee - Portal

84 mi









Great day.


I left Bisbee around 7:00 a.m. A nice downhill for the first hour. Made my way into Douglas. Stop that a gas station picked up some goodies and was back on the road.


Coming out of Douglas were some decent climbs. Nothing too crazy. After the climbing, I went fast. There was a tailwind all day. I averaged around 15.7 mph for 80+ miles. On this trip, that is flying!


Pretty much nothing but desert and mountains for the 50 miles from Douglas to Rodeo.


So I did cross the New Mexico border today, but I went back on the other side at my host's house.


Today was unforgettable. The house I was staying at was breathtaking. All the doors and windows were opened, and it seamlessly flew from inside to outside. It was awesome!


The Coronado National Forest, that is on the border of New Mexico and Arizona, is amazing. Breathtaking, simply breathtaking. Great conversations and great food. 


The trip has been all about extremes. Yesterday crazy low, today crazy high. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Popular posts from this blog

Epilogue

Day 0 - Flight to San Diego

Day 2 - Jacumba Hot Springs to Holtville