Day 15 - Rest Day






I've been putting in some big miles the past few days. Last night I was fried, and this morning I was still feeling pretty tired. It was a perfect day for a rest day. Not only was I tired, but it was also a rainy day. It was pretty cloudy in the morning, and then it stormed in the afternoon. Not a lot of lightning and thunder, but a good bit of rain.


With the rest day I was able to explore Marfa! It's an interesting little town, I was informed that it could be considered the Western most outskirt of Austin. Marfa is big on the art scene. 


Marfa is also known for a couple major filming locations. The first is Giant, starring James Dean, Rock Hudson, and Elizabeth Taylor. The next two are a little more recent, no country for old men and there will be blood.


I was informed that the bank president in the town was in no country for old men


Anyway, today I walked around the courthouse and some of the older hotels. Like I said, very interesting. I could also tell that there was a bit of tourism.


Other than that, I went grocery shopping twice today. I was a lot hungrier than I thought! They say everything's bigger in Texas, they even have 3 liter sodas!


During the rain storm, ate some dinner and read a book.


A nice calm little day. I can't ask for much more!

Popular posts from this blog

Epilogue

Day 0 - Flight to San Diego

Day 2 - Jacumba Hot Springs to Holtville