Day 16 - Marfa - Marathon

57 miles








The rain continued into the evening. Which didn't bother me one bit! I had shelter, and plenty of reading material.


I was able to get an excellent night sleep. Well over 8 hours, which on this trip is a lot more than I have been getting. I was able to take it slow this morning, and take my time getting ready. 


Right before I left, I said my goodbyes to my hosts Elizabeth and Zeke. Thank you both for the awesome stay! You are awesome!


There was rain in the forecast, for later in the afternoon. It was a very cloudy day, which dropped the temperatures down quite a bit. It was around 60 when I start it riding at 9:00 a.m.


It was beautiful riding. For the first nice chunk I had a nice little tailwind, and then a headwind for maybe 45 minutes, and then a crosswind for the last bit.


Alpine was a cool little town. I packed enough water and food, so I didn't need to stop. But it looked fun.


There was a lot more twist and turns! And there was a lot more scenery. Rolling hills, and beautiful cliffs. 


I arrived marathon a little after 1:00. I'm staying at the RV park. I was able to shower, and they have free Wi-Fi!


I picked up some groceries and then was going to get some barbecue, but they were sold out! It was an hour and 30 minutes before they were supposed to close so it must have been some good stuff!


And it looks like most of the rain is going to stay away.

Popular posts from this blog

Epilogue

Day 0 - Flight to San Diego

Day 2 - Jacumba Hot Springs to Holtville