Day 18 - Sanderson - Seminole Canyon State Park

80mi



Last night I had the good fortune to eat gas station food. I had a chicken sandwich, and three corn dogs! I don't know how good it was for me, but it was delicious!


I woke up at about 4 something, And again the inside of the tent was covered and condensation. However, this time I took a towel and wiped it down immediately. So when I woke up at 6:00 a.m., it was hardly wet at all. I think I found the new strategy! Wake up an hour or two before I need to, wipe down the condensation, and go back to bed. Unfortunately it this doesn't seem very practical I probably will not do it.


It was a weird day. For starters, when I started riding the humidity was sitting at 99%. It stayed there much of the day. It was unusual. Just very muggy for the first several hours of the ride. It was also weird because I had a headwind. It started off small, but by the end of the day it was around 10 plus miles an hour. Nothing crazy though. The weird thing is I didn't really feel it. Because I was going up on with hills the whole day. Thankfully a lot more down than up! So it kind of cancelled out the head wind... Kind of


The humidity wasn't really that bad, I feel pretty cool when I hit those high humidity numbers.


I also saw a train carrying a bunch of military equipment. A little strange.


I stopped in Langtry. A neat little town where a local bartender acted as a judge many years ago. Like he took the law into his own hands, and sentence criminals to death. Interesting fella


Eventually I made it to Seminole Canyon State Park.


It's a beautiful place, with a big Canyon running through the middle of it. Unfortunately most of it is not accessible but bike. Or at least my kind of bike. I'm not really feeling up for a couple mile hike either. So I'll just have to take the views that I got. And they certainly ain't bad!


The internet here is a little weird. So my mobile data is not working. However, outside the visitor center there is Wi-Fi. This Wi-Fi is really bad! I can't send text messages, and I cannot make phone calls. It took like a half an hour to send a text message.


I got a "primitive" campsite. Unfortunately, the campsite is not up to par with the other campsites have stayed at. The big thing was there is no shade at my campsite area. So I just set up shop at the day area. And I'll just head over to my campsite later on. And obviously being primitive, no water no electricity. It's weird to think that my RV park last night was nicer :) This certainly isn't bad, and I happy with how it all worked out. 


Tonight and tomorrow looks like heavy wind. Unfortunately it is in the wrong direction, so tomorrow will be a little bit more challenging. But the good news is I will be running into more towns! More places for food, water, and shelter from storms. And less worrying about those three items.

Popular posts from this blog

Epilogue

Day 0 - Flight to San Diego

Day 2 - Jacumba Hot Springs to Holtville