Day 2 - Jacumba Hot Springs to Holtville

52 miles


I left the Desert View Tower at 5:45 and started with a 3500 foot decent. Essentially, 12 mi of straight downhill going 40 plus miles an hour.

After that road in the desert for a little bit with a slight headwind. The roads were a little rough.


The last hour and a half was in more rural land. They were bailing hay! There was a much heavier headwind. 15 miles per hour.


Arrived in Holtville around 9:30. So about 3 hours and 45 minutes total. Pretty easy day. By the time I quit at 9:30, it was already 84°

Once I arrived I set up shop at Holt Park, and stayed there for about 9 hours! I sat in the shade, and was finally able to enjoy the 15 mph wind! It got up to 99°, and stayed there for several hours.


 

Popular posts from this blog

Epilogue

Day 0 - Flight to San Diego