Day 7 - Picacho Peak State Park - Tucson

53 mi







Last night was rough. Really rough. I got the tent set up, by the time I did the forecast had changed. The rain was now coming sooner, and lasting longer. With this in mind, and the disturbing clouds off in the distance, I packed up and slept in the bathroom.


Not an ideal night, but I was unaffected by the heavy winds, heavy rain, and lightning!


The lights in the bathroom were turned on by a sensor. If no one moved/entered the lights went off. Several people used the bathroom last night. I woke up every time



Not a super early start, I was rocking and rolling at 5:15. Got to sleep in a little bit, for what that's worth.


The whole day was very light wind, but straight climbing. The grade was extremely low, I only ended up doing a thousand feet, but I didn't drop any.


The traffic in Tucson was noticeably worse than any place I was so far. In my opinion, the traffic was even worse than San Diego. However, once I got in Tucson a little bit was able to hop on The Loop. For those of you who don't know, the loop is 130 mi of paved bike path (No cars) that go around Tucson. After maybe 2 minutes on the path, I found a riding mate. Rich, thanks for the guidance through the loop and for taking me to the bike shop!!


The loop is wonderful! It was cool to see so many cyclists, out and about on their bikes. Tucson would be fun to live in!


Once we arrived to the bike shop, Rich waited with me in the park. We chatted about my trip and throughout I was going to take. I also got to meet his partner in crime, Ike!


Once I actually got to the bike shop, there were A few minor headaches, but they helped me out! The seat clamp that I need it didn't fit, but they were able to fix my old one.


Huge thanks to everyone at Sabino Cycles, you made my trip a lot better!


After that, I arrived at my host's, John and Emily's. Great people, great food, great conversation.


A common theme of this trip is good people. Today has further solidified that point.

Popular posts from this blog

Epilogue

Day 0 - Flight to San Diego

Day 2 - Jacumba Hot Springs to Holtville